I’ve had a lot of free time on my hands this week. Have I used it productively? Well……….. arguably. To make me feel better about the situation, I’ve decided to make a list of 10 mini achievements I can celebrate! It may be small, but hey! something is better than nothing right?! I have a presentation and some work that needs doing but I’m going to try and delay that for as long as possible by doing this instead! Enjoy!
10. I washed the dishes Usually if I see a huge pile of dirty dishes in the sink, I’ll just delay cleaning for as long as possible until either I need to clear up the sink or someone nags me to clean it up. Today I just went ahead and did it and, surprisingly, it made me feel good. So then I went upstairs and napped which wasn’t so productive….. but let’s not focus on that.
9. I didn’t make everyone’s lives a misery in my pain Okay, before you think i’ve gone mental let me explain. I get terrible headaches (occasionally migraines) and am, to say the least, not very nice when this happens. I will be a royal pain to everyone and anyone and not take anyone’s feeling into account. Yesterday when I got a horrible migraine instead of screaming in agony like the usual diva I am I sat down and tried to contain the fury rising inside of me. To say the least I tried and to me that qualifies as a mini achievement.
8. I read a funny article on bees Let me explain why this is an achievement. Here is the link. I have made you happy. So now I will continue to tell myself that this is an achievement.
6. I discovered ‘The Secret Life of 4, 5 and 6 Year Olds’ and fell in love I found the show hilarious! I am now obsessed and plan to binge-watch all the episodes I’ve missed!
5. I went outside I am an inside person. I like the indoors. Sports? Sweating? Sunlight? Not so much. Yet recently our family had a picnic in a park and it really was lovely.
4. I cleaned my cupboard My cupboard is usually a tornado, things I never knew I had tumble out and attempt to push me to my death. So, I decided to organise that mess. It was hard, but now I smile when I look at my cupboard. Not that it’s going to be staying organized for long..
3. I finally watched ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them’ I loved, loved, loved the movie! I also did a review on the movie here which is another achievement!
2. I’ve kept myself happy Happiness is key (and can also be found in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light) to living life. Being happy isn’t always easy- so fighting for it is important and I’ve done that this week.
1. Most important of all, I started my blog! I’m so proud of my blog and for the little time I’ve had it it’s made me happy. I hope my blog will stay that way!
If you liked this post remember to like and maybe I’ll do this again? Also comment and tell me what your mini (or big) achievement has been this week!
Quirky Fangirl xx